Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blogging from Utah...

My life in Utah has begun...
and as slow as it is up here for the time being, 
Michelle's condition is changing pretty rapidly.

She has already completed her first week of chemo.

Although I am not there to witness this myself,
Michelle's mom, Andrea, keeps me posted with texts so I don't feel too left out.
Her texts today informed me that after a Sigmoidoscopy the other day, they were able to see some additional cancer in the colon.
The doctor was afraid that the chemo would kill cells too fast and her bowel would perforate,
so he did a temporary diversion.

The surgery was today and Michelle will spend the night in ICU, and hopefully back on the floor tomorrow.
At least one more week at ScottsdaleShea hospital.

As far as her mood and spirits, she is pretty much under until at least tomorrow when they take the ventilator tube out.

The doctor has made it clear that he is still optimistic, but so many complications are arising daily and Michelle is having a very tough time.
This is not the time to forget her in your thoughts and prayers.
Although you might not hear a response from Michelle, any words of love would make her and her family feel comforted.
I love all of you who supporting my best friend while I physically can't. You are doing an amazing job and I am so grateful for you.
Please don't stop!

love,
jessica

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the ventilator tube. I love sweet Michelle she's in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michelle and family...I just wanted you to know that Alana and I have been praying daily for you..Michelle... you are such a loving girl and have alot to do on this earth... I look forward to the day that you are Healed!!
    Love you, Mrs. Petrini

    ReplyDelete